No-shows are a resource drain for all dental practices. When a patient cancels their appointment unexpectedly, filling that slot becomes a tough task for you or your staff. So, now, how can you knock out no-shows in your dental practice?
Unfortunately, you can’t eliminate no-shows. Unexpected circumstances will always lead to last-minute no-shows. Even though you can’t eliminate these occurrences totally, you can proactively keep them to a minimum with Interphase.
When no-shows occur, you just need to open the Interphase dashboard. That’s it! Everything falls seamlessly into place. Our Interphase intuitive dashboard shows patients on the doctor’s schedule today or tomorrow, who are due or past due for hygiene. Now, you can add a hygiene appointment to the treatment.
No-shows are an expensive problem for all dental practices. Interphase helps solve that problem!
Here are a few ways to reduce no-shows:
The challenge for many dental practices is the cost associated with managing patient scheduling. For example, calling patients to remind them of an upcoming appointment. Thankfully, by leveraging Interphase, you can easily improve patient communications without adding the cost of additional staff.
Here’s how you can minimize no-shows:
- Send appointment reminders according to the patients’ preferred method of communication. While few patients still prefer an appointment reminder via call, many are more likely to pay attention if the messages are sent via email or text. So, don’t forget to ask patients to select their preferred method of communication to make sure they get the appointment reminders.
- You can set up multiple reminders to ensure that the appointment stays at the forefront. You can also request patients to confirm by replying to a text message or email through Interphase. As a result, they’re more committed to visiting your practice.
- Ensure the reasons for the follow-up visits are in your appointment reminders so that patients understand the importance of keeping their appointments. This will help to increase the transparency of the patient experience and help you provide better patient care.
- To make it easy to cancel or reschedule appointments, you can use Interphase Patient Relationship & Analytics Software by providing a link in the text or email to streamline the process while reducing the workload of your staff.
- Improve your patient’s experience by reducing wait time, so coming to your office becomes less of a hassle. Also, if you’re running late, give patients a call, so they don’t have to sit around and wait.
- Encourage patients to pre-pay for the next appointment (perhaps by offering discounts) to increase their commitment and minimize no-shows.
- Improve patient engagement and satisfaction through active communications, such as texting and patient reviews, since engaged and informed patients are more likely to show up for their appointments.
- Follow up immediately after cancellation or a no-show to prompt patients to reschedule.
- Manage your own schedule effectively using our Interphase online booking system to minimize waiting time or the need to reschedule patients. When you respect your patients’ time, they will respect yours as well.
Improving patient communication and streamlining the patient experience can help you reduce last minute no-shows that lower your productivity, impact your bottom line, and impact the quality of patient care and patient satisfaction.
Make sure you’re sending out appointment reminders to patients on time and in their preferred methods of communication with Interphase. We help you to deliver the most relevant information to your patients at the right time to optimize results, increase productivity, and boost revenue.